The content is ideal for those interested in working as a web developer, launching a web application, or devoted enthusiasts. The concepts explored in this course are suitable for individuals of all skill levels. Each module starts with the fundamental concepts and gradually transitions into more advanced material.
What makes this course unique?
This course is specifically intended to teach students to develop web applications using the most efficient methods and the latest web technologies. Through live demonstrations we teach the importance of using scalable cloud hosting infrastructures during the development process. This includes small informational websites of only a few pages to advanced ‘big data’ style, dynamic web applications. We go through several live examples of web development and Linux based server configurations on popular Cloud hosting providers such as Linode.
Section 1 & 2 (Introduction, How the Internet Works)
The course begins with with an overview of learning objectives. We then explore how the internet works, including the composition and transmission of data packets over both local and wide-area Networks. Next we take a look at the HTTP and HTTPS protocols as applicable to client and server side communications – including DNS Lookups. This section will also teach students how email exchange works over SMTP and IMAP. The role of Network Ports and Firewalls are also introduced.
Who this course is for:
- No prerequisite knowledge required.
- Students interested in a career in web development.
- Students interesting in starting a web based business.
- Students who want to transition from basic shared, vps or dedicated hosting packages to sophisticated cloud hosting solutions.
- Students wanting to update or learn new programming skills using the latest web scripting languages.
- Web Development enthusiasts.