Java Network Programming – TCP/IP Socket Programming – This course teaches student not only the how to build network application but also discuss all programming topics like streams , thread that involved on building network applications.
- Understand core concepts of network communication
- Become familiar with basics of networking: internet architecture, IP addresses, TCP connections, ports.
- Learn how to create java threads and how to use java IO
- Learn the basics of Java sockets programming: creation and usage of sockets;
- Know how to develop Client/Server TCP and UDP applications
- Learn how to transfer data between server/client applications running on different machines on the network.
- Code applications like: Port Scanner, Browse the Internet, Web Scraping, Get network interface properties, Validate IP Addresses, Ping a remote host
- Develop more complex network applications: File Transfer Application, Small Web Server, Send Emails
- A computer – Windows, Mac or Linux
- Java Development Kit 7 or Java Development Kit 8
- Netbeans, Eclipse or any other IDE
- Basic Java knowledge
- Basic computer and Internet skills
Each chapter has an intro video to cover basic theory needed to understand the rest of the material covered. In the first chapter you will learn the concept of network communication from the very basic fundamental level that needs to be understood by everyone. Java Network Programming
Two other chapters are included in this course for those programmer who haven’t worked yet with java threads or java IO. These two are very important topics when you want to build a network application and I want to ensure that all students have the basics before we start to code Client – Server applications.
In the Socket (Java Socket programming) section you will start to write simple TCP servers or TCP clients. Also, you will learn how to create a multi-user or a multithreaded server and we are going to test each written application. We will connect multiple TCP clients to a multithreaded server and we will observe the TCP server behavior and how it makes to respond to multiple clients at the same time.
- The course is aimed for anyone who wants to learn network programming
- If you have never written code, this course is probably not for you.
Content Retrieved From: https://www.udemy.com/java-network-programming/